Saturday, April 16, 2016

A Declaration: "A Small Happy"

I'm making a declaration, kicking off a new phrase and hoping it catches on and goes the world 'round, "A Small Happy." I experienced it earlier today and it was important to my day.  It's that little thing that unexpectedly gives you a tickle and makes you smile... a small happy.

I prefer books of stamps and don't care much for the self-service, print on-demand postage.  Books fit nicely in my wallet -- that key tote-able office of my life.  Given that my life is so busy and that I depend on a mini-office wherever I go, the 24-hour lobby of the P.O. and the off-hours self-service have been my go-to for a long time.  But self-service stamps are sooo g.e.n.e.r.i.c. and, ugh, bland.


So on that rare trip to the Post Office counter today (the U.S. Postal Service, after all, does have business hours on Saturday), I was glad to learn in-person from the clerk that books of stamps are still sold. My fussiness over how things are stored and arranged in my wallet would be satisfied. But more important, even if the floral designs were sold out, I was delighted--tickled--to learn that the most adorable Charlie Brown stamps were available. This gave me a small happy!

Here, take a look and tell me you disagree... How could you? You couldn't, because these designs are such happy little characters. (By the way... I know it was only last week when I was touting the arrival of spring and that these stamps are little, snowy, holiday pictures, but they are such sweet, sentimental and beautiful blue tones!)

Have yourself a small happy!


A small happy with a little Peanuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment